Monday, July 14, 2008

Double Anchovy Pizza!

So the wife is out of town for the week, so first of all I miss my first volleyball game of the night - turns out she reminds me of stuff like that... who'd have known...

I made the second and third games, though, by going straight from work - played in my work shorts... a little formal for sand volleyball, but I'm a bold fashionista.

So I get home, and what sounds good for dinner... Ah! I know! Something I could never eat with Melissa around - Double Anchovy Pizza. Yes, that's right... fishy salty fishy fish on a pizza.

I tell you, anchovies are a vastly under-rated pizza topping. The second they come out of the little red keep-it-warm bag that the delivery guy carries, you know you're in for something powerful.

And powerful they are. There is no fooling around here; the house smells like anchovies... the parts of the pizza that the anchovy doesn't touch tastes like anchovy... and when you bite it - oh yeah.

Gross? Whatever. You like Ceasar salad? Good Ceasar salad? Yeah, that's anchovy that gives it the kick. I'm just going old school, and hitting the funky fish straight up.

And IT WAS GOOD.

Happy now, time to chill a little and do it all again tomorrow (turns out I can't eat an entire medium pizza by myself anymore!)

No comments:

Post a Comment