Rather than a retrospective, I thought I'd publicly post my intentions for 2010... in no particular order, I plan to:
- Spend more time with friends. Host some gatherings, help organize/spur a couple more.
- See a new place -- go somewhere I've never been, perhaps do something there I've never done.
- Exercise a bit more, drink a bit less (hey, no reason to overdo it, right?!!)
- Build 3 pieces of furniture for the house. Now that I have the shop all set up, there's no reason I can't make this happen...
- Learn to turn! (Wood-turning.) Got the lathe, got some instructional books, and I am so psyched to learn a new skill! This actually leads to my next intention:
- Post some blog entries. Not because you care, but because if I "live out loud" a bit, I believe it will keep me motivated to make a little more use of my time this year. On that topic, I intend to write about this whole process of learning to turn on the lathe... as of today, I know almost nothing about it... but I have a feeling this will be something I get deeply into and try to become a master at. So... why not post about it, so I can look back and see how far I've come.