Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fitness progress (a little bit, anyway)

So I've been somewhat slack on my fitness goals (from my impossible list)... I'm gonna blame it on being busy prepping the house for sale (which is actually a workout in and of itself) but frankly I could still do better.

Anyway, I did finally get myself to do three solid runs in a single week (yes, that's how bad I've been) and today I got my pace under 9 minute miles! I don't get to cross that one off yet as I didn't go for 2 full miles; just 15 minutes... but now if I can keep the pace and stretch it to 18 minutes I can finally tick something!

I think I might be down close to 170 lbs as well; though I sold my scale in the garage sale so I have no proof...

I've been using an iPhone app called Runkeper to track my funs; it definitely helps with the motivation -- you can see where you ran on a map online, track progress over time, etc... and it's free!

There's also a website called Fitocracy that now integrates automatically with Runkeeper, so your runs get pulled into your workout log... and you get points, badges, and encouragement for everything you complete in Fitocracy. Sounds a bit hokey, but it's actually pretty addictive and motivating. Other users also can specify and share "quests" (workouts) that you complete for points... it makes fitness into a came.

If you're wanting to increase your fitness at all, check out Fitocracy!

No comments:

Post a Comment