Sunday, July 25, 2010

Working on the crib...

So with the wife due around 9/22 it is now officially a race between the little one and me building the crib.

Just been so distracted with the kitchen and other house stuff... But I've got a good start on the crib and I'm feeling pretty confident at this point.

Various pieces-parts below:



Spent a few hours this weekend working on the spindles, which actually make up the bulk of the whole project as each one needed to be made flat, made thinner, rough cut out, face sanded, trimmed to exact shape via a jig and router, rounded off, and hand sanded... And I had to make 52 yes 52 of them!

Here's me working with the little jig I built to make them all the exact right profile:




Yes, I wear gloves when I woodwork. Protects the hands, and makes me feel a bit like a biker so there is that extra badass mojo in the shop...

Here are 52 spindles, waiting for the rounding-over step...




Few more days in the shop, and this thing should be under control.

-me

No comments:

Post a Comment